Marc
Marc, Plumber
Experience:  Plumbing heating & home maintenance contractor
50715266

We just bought a replacement soap dispenser and are having a

Customer Question

We just bought a replacement soap dispenser and are having a difficult time removing the old one. The original one has prongs on the underneath side so we can't use a ratchet with an extension arm to unscrew it. We tried unscrewing it from the top with not success. Any suggestions?
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Can you post a picture here of the device you're having trouble with? you can post a pic here by clicking on ADD FILES next to the SEND button

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Difficult to get clear picture of the underneath part of the soap dispenser because it's way up underneath but am including the best shot I could get. Other pictures are of existing top of old dispenser and the new dispenser. I'm having a devil of a time getting the pictures off my iPhone and into this email -still working on it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Had to print and scan pictures
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you still there?
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Sorry, I had to step away for a while. Both your picks are the same. Please try again but if your existing dispenser is like almost all of them your going to need a basin wrench (see attached pic) to get it off and install the new one.
I'm just checking in before I log off for the night. I'll respond tomorrow.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Already tried that, didn't work
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Since virtually all soap dispensers are installed with a basin wrench I need a picture of the problem connection if you'd like my help in getting it off