Billy
Billy, Mechanical Contractor
Experience:  State Licensed Mechanical Contractor
12672042

I have a GE GXSF40H Water Softener. I have owned it years

Customer Question

Customer: I have a GE GXSF40H Water Softener. I have owned it for several years without a problem. I noticed about a month ago when I went to fill it with salt that the led screen had went blank and the blue light was blinking. I went ahead and filled it with salt and ordered a new control module. I replaced it and set the settings. everything seemed to be working. The next day, the blue light was blinking and the led was showing an err1. I went through everything and it appeared the motor was not working, it would just hum and after a minute the error message would come back. I replaced the motor mechanism. Again everything appeared good, but next day same issue. I checked and the screen was clean and the valve seems ok. It is a little stiff to turn, but I figured that was normal since the motor has so much gear reduction. I manually turned the gear valve and all cycles appear to function properly. As I said before, even with the motor mechanism unhooked, it hums but does not turn. Any suggestions? My name is ***** ***** Lass and my email is***@******.***.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Not really, the control module will reset and allow me to set all of the setting on the screen. How hard should the head be to move? My fear is that it is too hard and thus burned up the motor.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes, Been waiting for a month now and spent a lot of money already, so a little more time won't hurt if I can save a little. Thanks,
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Billy replied 10 months ago.

I am very sorry your question has not been picked up yet.

I just logged on and found you had not been assisted.

Please let me know if you still need help and I will do my best. Please do not "Rate" as we have not worked toward an answer yet.

If you would like to proceed let me know by replying.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I need help. Did you address my problem. What should I try next?