Marc
Marc, Plumber
Experience:  Plumbing heating & home maintenance contractor
50715266

Rinnai RU98i tankless water heater. No ignition, no error

Customer Question

Customer: Rinnai RU98i tankless water heater. No ignition, no error code
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: No.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Plumbing Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

The first thing to do is to check/clean the filter in the cold water inlet at the base of the unit. It's a cap on the side that unscrews. Turn the water off to the unit first then open a hot water (only) faucet to relieve the pressure. Have a bucket handy because some water will drain out when you remove the cap.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Filter is clean. Turbine in inlet of servo is spinning freely.
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Do you have adequate flow? have you checked for crossovers?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Excellent flow,no crossovers.
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

I'm going to open this backup to my colleagues so one of them can help. Please don't respond (even to acknowledge this post)until you get a response from us. If you respond first it will only delay your answer.