Marc
Marc, Plumber
Experience:  Plumbing heating & home maintenance contractor
50715266

Replaced filters & flow restrictor but not getting water at

Customer Question

replaced filters & flow restrictor but not getting water at faucet?
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Rick replied 11 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can

continue our conversation.

What is the brand and model of your faucet?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
GE Profile reverse osmosis
Expert:  Rick replied 11 months ago.

I thought this was a faucet issue. I'm not real familiar with GE RO products. I'm going to open this backup to my colleagues so one of them can help. Please don't respond (even to acknowledge this post)until you get a response from us. If you respond first it will only delay your answer.

Expert:  qwasert replied 11 months ago.

Hello, I will see I can can assist you with your issue. Almost 99 % of the time when you aren't getting water from your R/O system, it means that the small pressure vessel under the sink has ruptured and is not longer able to push the stored water to the tap. To check this you will need to look at the tank and find the small cap on the bottom usually under the foot stand it will screw off counter clockwise and expose a valve like you would find on a car or bike tire. You can depress the valve and if any water at all comes out with the valve pointing down towards the floor the tank will need to be changed out.