Marc
Marc, Plumber
Experience:  Plumbing heating & home maintenance contractor
50715266

Sump well is nearly full. Pump is not pumping. Buzzing sound

Customer Question

Sump well is nearly full. Pump is not pumping. Buzzing sound is heard and I switched off the alarm. Indicator lights say that battery is low and that it is charging. Holding down the "Reset" or "Pump Test" buttons changes nothing. Unplugging and replugging changes nothing. I need to get it pumping again!
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Hello, so far it sounds like the pump motor is bad and needs to be replaced, or one of its starting components, run capacitor or relay. Repairs will be required. Tell me a lot about your technical skills sets so that I will know how to coach you most efficiently.

If technical skills are not your forte tell me which direction you are from the center of the nearest city, and I will locate a well rated service outfit for you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a plumber I trust, thanks.
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Hello, so far it sounds like the pump motor is bad and needs to be replaced, or one of its starting components, run capacitor or relay. Repairs will be required. Tell me a lot about your technical skills sets so that I will know how to coach you most efficiently please.