Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor
Experience:  Licensed Master plumber with 40+ yrs. experience.
94766

We think our roofer never reconnected our hot water heater

Customer Question

We think our roofer never reconnected our hot water heater vent on the roof. My husband found the vent sitting sideways on top of water heater walls and everything in room is wet said heater is gas operated on off switch says on off with pilot in between which way should i turn it off its been 2 weeks since they left we just noticed it today when there was no hot waterwhat should we do so no damage to heater or house
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Rick replied 10 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can

continue our conversation.

Turn the dial on the water heater back to pilot and call a plumber. The plumber will see to it that the water heater is properly vented. Then send the plumber's bill to your roofer. The roofer should pay for this. There is no excuse for leaving the water heater vent in that condition.