Marc
Marc, Plumber
Experience:  Plumbing heating & home maintenance contractor
50715266

, I have a Rinnai Infinity 26 Hotwater unit that is not

Customer Question

Customer: Hello,
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have a Rinnai Infinity 26 Hotwater unit that is not igniting. Gas is flowing when a tap is turned on and continues to flow for about 20 seconds but the igniter isn't working? Any tips? I have turned it off and turned it back on again.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Plumbing Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Phil replied 11 months ago.

Hello, that is a failed printed circuit card if it is a spark ignition, if it is a glow plug igniter it could be a bad igniter, or a bad printed circuit board.

Tell me a lot about your technical skills background and if you have a multi meter or not and wish to try to fix this your self, it will take 2 or 3 hours in most cases.

We can go from there without a time limit.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Got my gas pressure tested and found out its a low gas flow from the service meter. Gas utility is coming out next week to change out the meter.
Expert:  Phil replied 11 months ago.

Hello again, that is a very uncommon situation, the good news however is that if it is low gas pressure, and the piping in not undersized it won't cost you anything to fix.

Let me know how it goes, if it turns out to be a electronics issue we can continue with that diagnosis.

.