Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor
Experience:  Licensed Master plumber with 40+ yrs. experience.
94766

My rennai heater quit working and a #10 appeared where the

Customer Question

My rennai heater quit working and a #10 appeared where the temperature was displayed. What do I need to do to correct the problem.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

A 10 code is an air supply or exhaust blockage error. You need to check the intake and exhaust for obstructions. If you don't find any you first need to remove the exhaust where it connects to the fan and check inside the fan. You may have to pull the fan to be sure. If this is a condensing model (PVC vent pipe) then this could also be due to a burner sensor error. You need to measure the burner sensor resistance to determine if the sensor is bad or if you have an underlying problem.