Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor
Experience:  Licensed Master plumber with 40+ yrs. experience.
94766

I would like to cut my plumbing roof air vent down to 6

Customer Question

i would like to cut my plumbing roof air vent down to 6 inches and then put a cover 2inches above it to redirect the snow and slide to prevent damage to the vent pipe am i going to cause problems with venting
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Rick replied 11 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

the plumbing code requires the vent to be 18 to 24" above the roof line. What's to stop snow from completely covering your vent if you make that change. This would make the vent useless. Probably better to put a device further up the roof to divert the snow away from the vent if/when it slides off. I take it you have a metal roof