Marc
Marc, Plumber
Experience:  Plumbing heating & home maintenance contractor
50715266

I have a rinnai heater 606TR model # RCE606TRA2N which keeps

Customer Question

I have a rinnai heater 606TR model # ***** which keeps turning itself off. My tenant has to keep restarting the heater. What do I need to do to keep it running?
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Phil replied 11 months ago.

Hello

https://www.rinnai.us/documentation/downloads/RC-606-48x05%2800%29_owners_manual_RCE-606TRAII_vent_free.pdf

That should be the manual for your heater. I can coach you to a full diagnosis and sometimes repair if you have at least some of the skills required. Look over pages 21-23 for the wiring diagram and trouble shooting and tell me if any of this down your alley or not.

There will be a problem most likely with the electronics (printed circuit board or sensors)... it it not likely that this is anything that can be corrected by pushing any sort of reset button

We can go from there, OR if none of this is in your skill sets, tell me which direction you are from the center of the nearest town or city and I will see if I can locate a Rinnai service tech for you.

.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thanks but that was not helpful
Expert:  Phil replied 11 months ago.

Hello again, tell me what tools and instruments you have and a lot about your background fixing appliances and I will be glad to coach you step by step in taking the unit apart to diagnose the problem. Would that be helpful?

Let me know what would be helpful and I will attempt to accommodate you,

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No I am done. Don't contact me again