Marc
Marc, Plumber
Experience:  Plumbing heating & home maintenance contractor
50715266

My name is ***** *****. I have a three zone forced hot water

Customer Question

Customer: My name is ***** *****. I have a three zone forced hot water system. Two zones are working and one is not. I noticed that one pipe, that leads away from the system and to the heating units in the house, is not hot to the touch (the other two are.) I am assuming that pipe is the one that leads to the zone that is not working. I changed the batteries in the thermostat but it is still not working. Don't know what to do.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Not really. I am not all that familiar with the heating unit or how it works. The house is about 15 years old and the heating unit is original.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Plumbing Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Rick replied 11 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

Do you have 3 zone valves or 3 pumps/circulators? if zone valves I need the brand? if you have pumps I need the brand and model of the relay(s) they are connected to.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The unit is a burn ham series 2 gas boiler.
Expert:  Rick replied 11 months ago.

Ok but that doesn't answer my questions. I need to know what you have for zone control. If you don't know then I need pictures of the piping around your boiler. You can post pictures here by clicking on ADD FILES next to the SEND button

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I think I fixed it. Drained the zone and it started to work.
Expert:  Rick replied 11 months ago.

Ok, let me know when it acts up again