Marc
Marc, Plumber
Experience:  Plumbing heating & home maintenance contractor
50715266

I have a gh pitched noise coming from my water heater's

Customer Question

Hi, this is Mike. I have a high pitched noise coming from my water heater's power vent.
I removed the power vent and vacuumed the area beneath it as well as the vent itself. That eliminated the noise for a couple of runs but then it came back.
75 gallon tank water heater -- AO Smith - 8 years old
Model: GPS 75, Series 200, natural gas
Parts: http://www.hotwater.com/lit/partslists/319762-000.pdf
with a power vent - vents with PVC pipe to the side of the house - not up to the roof
qwasert
OK got it Mike. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Plumbing Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Okay, will wait. Thanks
qwasert
Searching online, I've seen the following possible causes for this issue:
* Bearings on blower motor are going bad - replace with a new blower motor
* Blower motor is not level -- level the unit
* Clean the flue - debris could be getting sucked up into the blower motor
Category: Plumbing
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
qwasert
Hi. Thanks for coming to JustAnswer. What's your name? And what is your issue regarding?
qwasert
Thanks Mike. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Model: GPS 75, Series 200, natural gas
Parts: http://www.hotwater.com/lit/partslists/319762-000.pdfwith a power vent - vents with PVC pipe to the side of the house - not up to the roof
qwasert
Okay, will wait. Thanks
qwasertSearching online, I've seen the following possible causes for this issue:
* Clean the flue - debris could be getting sucked up into the blower motorRead more: http://www.justanswer.com/plumbing/7jmm9-bird-gas-water-heater-exhaust-vent-flue-cleaned.html#ixzz3vxj8CvtI