Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor
Experience:  Licensed Master plumber with 40+ yrs. experience.
94766

I am a general contractor and our plumber installed pex in

Customer Question

Hi there, I am a general contractor and our plumber installed pex in floor heat staple up and the client is complaining about cold spots on the floor. Any ideas? In addition, there have been a couple of leaks using brass craft angle stops.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Rick replied 11 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

Brass Craft is a common stop in wide usage. We've used them for years with no failures. If there's a leak then your plumber need to fix them. Same with the floor. There should be no cold spots. While it's not an easy fix it's up to your plumber to make it right. I'm a GC too and I wouldn't accept sub standard work from my subs. BTW I'm also a Master plumber and we've installed a fair number of staple up radiant systems. They can be a pain sometimes working around obstacles but there's no excuse for cold (or hot) spots.
It could be a matter of inadequate coverage or possibly a loop that's too long.