Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer.
Experience:  Retired mech. contractor, shop owner, 51 yrs experience.
23932409

I have an induced draft water heater. The burner flame

Customer Question

I have an induced draft water heater. The burner flame lights but goes out immediately. I get an error code Recycle limit - flame lost. I've checked the items listed in the owners manual.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Phil replied 11 months ago.

Hello, the flame sensor rod that pokes into the burner flame is most likely in need of cleaning, you can use steel wool or plumbers sand cloth... this is not easy to access, the entire gas valve and burner assembly needs to come out to access it.

If the error continues after the flame sensor rod cleaning and the flame is strong on the sensor rod, the printed circuit control module will need to be replaced.

If you are quite handy with appliance repair I can coach you on how to do this, if not tell me which direction you are from the center of the nearest town or city and I will see if I can locate a well rated gas appliance technician for you.