Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor
Experience:  Licensed Master plumber with 40+ yrs. experience.
94766

I purchased a Model WHES Series water softener and during

Customer Question

I purchased a Model WHES Series water softener and during hook up, since the water inlet pipe is located on the ground level I flipped the bypass valve upside down to have the connections from the floor to the bottom of the valve instead of the top. I then hooked the inlet side to the in and the outlet side back to the house side feeding the pipes to my home. My question is, if the valve will work correctly this way or do I need to flip the Bypass valve over and reconnect my lines as shown in the Installation Manual.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Rick replied 11 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

It's OK to flip the bypass valve over as long as the inlet and outlet connections are piped properly. You shouldn't have to re-pipe this.