Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor
Experience:  Licensed Master plumber with 40+ yrs. experience.
94766

I have a Price Pfizer faucet in my shower (3 stem). The hot

Customer Question

I have a Price Pfizer faucet in my shower (3 stem). The hot water is leaking. I have replaced the stem and seat now about 3 times in the last week, yet it does not fix the leak, it might even be worse.
Category: Plumbing
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It is not leaking inside the wall, it is only leaking from the faucet. I am assuming it is the hot water because the water that drips is hot.
Expert:  Rick replied 11 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

If you have replaced the seat and stem and it still leaks then you've done all you can. The valve/faucet will need to be replaced. The valve can be replaced without destroying the tile by using a cover plate (see attached picture). This plate will cover the holes made by the exiting valve and you can also cut a big enough hole to work through to replace the valve from the tub side. Then this plate covers the hole with the new valve/trim in the middle