Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor
Experience:  Licensed Master plumber with 40+ yrs. experience.
94766

My name is ***** *****...how are you?
, So it's been

Customer Question

Customer: Hi, my name is ***** *****...how are you?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: So it's been raining pretty consistently for about two days. This morning my sump pump started making a noise. First it was only every once in a while but now it is happening like every two minutes. It almost sounds like it's trying to do something and the result is sort of a grinding or struggling sound. At first I thought it was our ice maker in our fridge. That's the only thing I can compare it to.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Plumbing Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Rick replied 11 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

Sounds like there may be debris caught in the impeller. The pump will have to be pulled out of the pit and the impeller needs to be checked/cleaned