Marc
Marc, Plumber
Experience:  Plumbing heating & home maintenance contractor
50715266

I have a V2532 and it's throwing codes 10 11 & 12. We can

Customer Question

Hi, I have a V2532 and it's throwing codes 10 11 & 12. We can reset it and the hot water will work for awhile then no water comes out if the hot tap. What should we do
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Hello

https://www.rinnai.us/documentation/downloads/V_Series_Indoor_25xx_U245-3250x0100_revised_A.pdf

That should be the manual for it, let me know if you have something different,

Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

as an over view see pages 18, 19 and 20 for the procedures to be followed for each of those error codes, then from there we will take some shortcuts to the most likely solutions.

Tell me about how old the water heater is, and if it has ever been flushed with any type of acid or white vinegar,

http://screencast.com/t/1Rwy1lSupMI

Use a hair drier to slowly warm the printed circuit card up to120F or a bit warmer, but not over 140F... if there is any change in the error codes or other furnace behavior... the card has a cracked micro circuit that opens and closes as the card expands and contracts... that proves a bad printed circuit card.

No change however does not prove the card is good however... but a change proves the card is definitely bad.

Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

I will be in for a while longer tonight, if you miss me, I will pick your response up first thing in the morning.