Mike R.
Mike R., Plumber
Experience:  20 years of plumbing experience, including high end homes and service work.
64367226

Have 8812 toilet on the boat. Fresh water supply full of

Customer Question

Have 8812 toilet on the boat. Fresh water supply full of white flecks from hard water. This has clogged line somewhere, reducing the flow to the toilet. How do I clear this from the line and restore flow?
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Mike R. replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I have been in the plumbing field for 20 years. I will be glad to help you today. The best way is to flush the lines. Hook a washing machine hose to the fill inlet and hook the hose to a small pump. Hook another hose to the furthest outlet connection that you can and fill a 5 gallon bucket with vinegar. Pump the vinegar into the inlet and direct the outlet hose back to the bucket. Leave it flowing like that for at least 30 minutes and the vinegar will break up any scale buildup in the lines. It sounds like there are some calcium deposits or other minerals from hard water and the vinegar will clear it without leaving any harmful chemicals in the lines.

Expert:  Mike R. replied 1 year ago.

Were you able to fix the issue with the information provided?

Expert:  Mike R. replied 1 year ago.

I haven't heard from you. Was the information I provided helpful?