Marc
Marc, Plumber
Experience:  Plumbing heating & home maintenance contractor
50715266

I live in a downstairs condo and have been noticing a loud

Customer Question

I live in a downstairs condo and have been noticing a loud pinging noise in ceiling/wall right next to and above the refrigerator which I believe the unit above has same layout and therefore the tub in directly on the other side of the adjacent wall. The issue is that the noise happen pretty much throughout the day and it was really bad last night at around 330 am...I didn't recall hearing anyone upstairs using the water but maybe they are...the noise is pretty stationary...it's loud enough to keep me up if it's occuring...what's strange is its the same intensity for almost the same exact length of time about 1 min from start to finish maybe 2 at longest....boing.....boing.....boing...almost evenly spaced out...this happened the same in the last place I livedon't but I was on top floor and heard same exact noise by the refrigerator...maintenance came out but are saying they don't know what it is....starting to keep worried that water could be pooling or damaging roof....any ideas to tell them....don't seem too interested to do anything
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Daniel Plourde replied 11 months ago.

Hi i am dan. I can help you with this. What type of heating system do you have. Is it hot water or forced air.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Sorry for the late response...it's forced air...which I'm assuming you mean by the fact I have several vents and ducts and condenser/compressor all in the ceiling in the bathroom....correct....I DO NOT HAVE A BOILER

Ok and is the apartment above you the same or do they use a boiler. Also when did this noise start