Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor
Experience:  Licensed Master plumber with 40+ yrs. experience.
94766

My name is ***** *****, I have this toilet that won't flush.

Customer Question

Customer: Hi my name is ***** ***** , I have this toilet that won't flush. I took it off and checked inside , no blockages it's clear ! I poured water down the drain and it went down fast, but when I put the toilet back on it doesn't flush!!
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It did not want to flush, I tried plunging it but that did not work. I took the toilet off poured water in it and it came out fast, but when I hook the toilet back up it won't flush.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Plumbing Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

Have you tried snaking out the bowl with an auger? If you did or you absolutely sure the toilet has no blockages then this is most likely a venting issue. A toilet that's on a drain line that isn't vented properly won't flush. The water will just swirl in the bowl.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I didn't use an auger but a piece of wire, then poured water down it and it went right through.
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Well it might be worthwhile to run a closet auger through the bowl just to be sure since finding a blocked vent (assuming the drain is vented at all) will be a lot more challenging.