Marc
Marc, Plumber
Experience:  Plumbing heating & home maintenance contractor
50715266

How do I stop the whirlpool whes30 recharge? The brine is

Customer Question

How do I stop the whirlpool whes30 recharge? The brine is pouring out of the overflow and it has been recharging for over 3 hours
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Rick replied 11 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

Sounds like you have 2 problems. First the float valve (which controls the water level) in the brine tank has failed and needs to be replaced. It also sounds like the control has also failed so the first thing you need to do is unplug the unit. If it continues to dump water out the back wash drain then open the bypass valve. Once the bypass valve is open you can try plugging it back in and see if the controller advances. If not is it displaying an error message