Marc
Marc, Plumber
Experience:  Plumbing heating & home maintenance contractor
50715266

2004 Cedar Creak 34CKTS - 10 gallon hot water heater -

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****... 2004 Cedar Creak 34CKTS - 10 gallon hot water heater - started a small leak with rust coming from it yesterday. I'm guessing it probably rusted out? Am very surprised. Anyway - how to get one and replace this one?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: From outside the home - we see water leaking at the hot water heater... when we open it - behind a plate it looks like - it is spraying out hot water... With a lot of rust in it... I'm guessing it rusted through the core? I do not know otherwise... I've not worked on these before.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Plumbing Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: I can wait... I do not have much money... I am disabled - living in this camper... I've had a guy that's worked on them for me over the years but he's away for a month... and I had to urn the water to the unit off to stop this leak. Perhaps just bypassing the water to the heater would be a hlep - then looking at what it would take to replace. I'll be up for a bit.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Mike R. replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I have been in the plumbing field for 20 years. I will be glad to help you today. Is the water leaking from the wall of the water heater, a fitting on the piping or from another pipe coming from the water heater?