Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor
Experience:  Licensed Master plumber with 40+ yrs. experience.
94766

I have a GE power vent hot water tank the water was not hot

Customer Question

I have a GE power vent hot water tank the water was not hot I noticed a error blinking 3 time. Pressure switch failed to close according to troubleshooting information . I cycled the blower motor on off switch the blower kicked on I heard ignition and the water started heating up .What do you think this is a indicarion of? It's a 3 year old unit.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Rick replied 11 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

Could be a partially blocked vent. Could also be due to kinked vacuum tubing or water in the tubing to the draft pressure switch. Could also be a failing switch.