Marc
Marc, Plumber
Experience:  Plumbing heating & home maintenance contractor
50715266

Our bathroom sink runs HOT water when it should be cold.

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****, our bathroom sink runs HOT water when it should be cold. This has been going on for weeks. Recently the shower now alternates between HOT and COLD water. hmmmm???
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: We tried to replace the regulator but that didn't help.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Plumbing Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure!
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Rick replied 12 months ago.

I'm going to open this backup to my colleagues so one of them can help. Please don't respond (even to acknowledge this post)until you get a response from us. If you respond first it will only delay your answer.

Sounds like you have a cross over, hot water crossing over to the cold water. This can be caused by a malfunctioning mixing valve, usually in the tub/shower or possibly due to a failed check valve on a hot water return line f your have a recirculation ine on your hot water