Marc
Marc, Plumber
Experience:  Plumbing heating & home maintenance contractor
50715266

I'm ***** *****. I have three NEW American Standard toilets

Customer Question

Customer: I'm ***** *****. I have three NEW American Standard toilets that leak from tank to bowl. Perhaps a tank full every other day. Dye test positive.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: American Standard Toilet, Champion4, Tall Height, elongated bowl, 424943 and 1793.129nt.020 are the numbers. There is no instructions for repair or adjustment
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Plumbing Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Plumbing
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Deposit of $32 was made. I thought you said 'about' $18.
Expert:  Mike R. replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I have been in the plumbing field for 20 years. I will be glad to help you today. Did you install these toilets yourself? When you did the dye test, did the water leak past the flapper or under the fill valve assembly?