Mike R.
Mike R., Plumber
Experience:  20 years of plumbing experience, including high end homes and service work.
64367226

Rheem tankless water heater. It has water dripping out of

Customer Question

Rheem tankless water heater . It has water dripping out of the bottom,How to fix it.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Mike R. replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I have been in the plumbing field for 20 years. I will be glad to help you today. Is it indoor or outdoor? Is the water dripping from a pipe or inside the casing? If it is an outdoor unit, have you removed the cover to investigate where the water is coming from?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
My tankless is a indoor type, it is driping from inside.the casing. I have looked inside but still can not see where it is coming from.
Expert:  Mike R. replied 11 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I have been in the plumbing field for 20 years. I will be glad to help you today. It is likely leaking from a crack in the heat exchanger. Internal leaks are mostly quite limited to that. There is not an easy fix and to determine the leak would require some surgery to confirm but unfortunately it is not an easy fix. The heat exchanger may need to be replaced. Hopefully it is still under warranty.

Expert:  Mike R. replied 10 months ago.

Were you able to fix the issue with the information provided?

Expert:  Mike R. replied 10 months ago.

I haven't heard from you. Was the information I provided helpful?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I can't do anything now and I know it's going to get worst but I don't have enough money to buy another one at this time. It has been real noisy also when taking a shower . I might have to stop using it all together . Thank You wayne
Expert:  Mike R. replied 10 months ago.

You are very welcome. Sorry to hear that. I am not sure how old it is, but possibly the manufacturer will warranty it? If there is any more that I can help with you can still comment or ask questions even after positively rating my service. I will always respond and I am happy to continue to help. Mike