Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer.
Experience:  Retired mech. contractor, shop owner, 51 yrs experience.
23932409

Have just had a Toto in wall tank system professionally

Customer Question

have just had a Toto in wall tank system professionally installed and the water will (sometimes) keep running when the larger push button is pressed. It stops if the button is pushed again. All parts including the push plate are original Toto.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Phil replied 12 months ago.

Hello, it is a new part, that has a slight bit of a rough edge on one of the internal components, there is about 70% chance that it will clear up after about 100 flushes. Put your claim in now with the retailer or the plumbing contractor now... get their agreement that if it does not clear up in a few weeks that you will want a new flush mechanism installed.

There is also a chance that the installer can make a few adjustments that might solve the problem as well.

Let me know how that discussion goes with your plumber verbatim if you can, we can go from there without a time limit,

Thanks for letting me work with you. When we are finished,if my answer has been polite, professional, and thorough, please locate the 'rate your expert button' and click one of the ratings .If you still need help let me know!. Rating will not increase your charges, nor close the question, but is how I earn my living. Thanks again.