Jed Noble
Jed Noble,
Experience:  Owner at RPH
59511367

We have a dishwasher model 587.17252200 that is working but

Customer Question

We have a dishwasher model 587.17252200 that is working but after a minor leak, has stopped draining. It is a portable installed through the kitchen floor draining to the basement. We have looked at and checked for obstructions in the hoses but see none. Any idea why it is not draining?
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Jed Noble replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a plumbing contractor. Dishwashers use a pump to drain the water out of the bottom of the dishwasher. It sounds quite possible that the pump is not working.

The drain pump uses an impeller to force water through the drain hose. If the drain pump motor is not working, the dishwasher won’t drain. To determine if the drain pump is defective, check the pump motor for continuity using a multimeter. If the motor does not have continuity, or if is getting power but won’t run, replace the drain pump. Drain pumps are not repairable—if the drain pump is defective, you must replace it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We called to order part and it is no longer available. Guess we will go shopping. Dishwasher is almost 12 years old!! Thanks for your response.
Expert:  Jed Noble replied 1 year ago.

Okay thanks. They have gotten a lot quitter.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Good to know-thanks for your help!
Expert:  Jed Noble replied 1 year ago.

Have I answered your question? If not I would be happy to help out more!

Happy Holidays