Daniel Plourde
Daniel Plourde, Plumber
Experience:  Plumber at performance plumbing and heating
89712187

Looking plumber that has experience installing Saniflo

Customer Question

Looking for a plumber that has experience installing Saniflo Sanicompact uoflush toilets.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Daniel Plourde replied 1 year ago.

hi i am dan, i can help you with this, what did you have a question about?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Installed one about a year ago in middle of remodeling my home after a flood. Have hardly used as remodeling been going on but it leaks apparently whenever someone sits on it and then flushing it during/after pump runs. So damn hard to see where leaking as a self contained unit. I am sure it is discharge line as you can smell urine when it happens. Remodeling just about complete and would like to get this solved. First question are there any known sources for this type of leak?

ok, does it only leak when someone sits on it only or every time it is flushed? how much water leaks?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not every time flushed, definitely every time sat on, occaissionally when not sat on. Amount of water? I am guessing 6-10 oz. Easily sponged up.

Ok, i am not aware of any known problems with these toilets leaking but the most common is the connection from the toilet to the discharge line. How is it piped. Is it pumped vertical or horizontal? Is it pvc?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
PVC, horizontal for about 4 feet.

ok I would recommend checking that connection first. if you have any more questions please let me know, if not I would appreciate it if you could rate me on my service by selecting one of the 5 stars. thank you for using just answer.

did you solve the leak or still need help?