Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor
Experience:  Licensed Master plumber with 40+ yrs. experience.
94766

My water pipes are frozen. I live in a 1975 single wide

Customer Question

My water pipes are frozen. I live in a 1975 single wide trailer. My water pipes have frozen several times over the last 3 years, and even though they were once frozen for 4 days, they have never burst. I have been able to thaw them out a couple of times, by turning the heat up and closing the bathroom doors. I've done that again, but it's been over 24 hours and no luck. Since there it is Thanksgiving, I can't find a plumber. I'm worried that turning up the heat trick isn't working because a pipe may have burst. My questions are...What do you suggest I do? and how can I know if a pipe burst? Thanks, Rosie
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

If the pipes didn't burst in the past it's unlikely they will burst now. Turning up the heat and leaving the faucets open (as long as you are home and awake) is your best/safest best since some of the piping is concealed. The only way you'll know if a pipe burst is after it thaws out.