Daniel Plourde
Daniel Plourde, Plumber
Experience:  Plumber at performance plumbing and heating
89712187

My system is still heating the water but the control panel

Customer Question

My system is still heating the water but the control panel has no display Should i call for service
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Daniel Plourde replied 1 year ago.

hi iam dan i can help you with this. what is the make and model number of the boiler

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is a Rinnai Infinity 18 Model REU 2008W-A

ok do you get the led that come on when it is running or is it just the number display that is not coming on

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is no led display at all. All is dark even when hot water is running. Looks like control panel is dead but water still heating. Not sure if I need a plumber or an electrician to look at it .

what controller do you have? an electrician should never work on your plumbing or hvac equipment.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not sure what you are asking me The number on the control panel is Infinity MC 33 3A . Does that help ?

yes, the 33-3a has 2 led lights that come on are those not coming on or just the number display?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No numbers no lights no display at all as if the power is off . Panel is completely dead. Pressing the on/off button does not restore anything and I have checked there is power

there is power going to the controller?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not sure Assume so as it it is still working Usually if lights go off power is off and water doesn't heat .Right now lights are all off but water still heating very weird not experienced this before

that is weird but not uncommon. it is usually just a bad controller but if it is still working and you don't need to adjust anything then i would leave it for now but but the heater ever does have a problem or need to be serviced it will be very important for the control to work. so it is not an emergency but i would recommend fixing it when you can. if you have any more questions please let me know, if not i would appreciate it if you could rate me on my service today and thank you for using just answer.

did you have any more questions about this?

If you don't have any more questions I would appreciate it if you could rate me on my service by selecting one of the 5 stars

if you are all set with this problem i would appreciate it if you could rate me on my service because this request is not closed until you rate my respsonse. thank you