Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor
Experience:  Licensed Master plumber with 40+ yrs. experience.
94766

I have a problem with a large amount of air that's in my

Customer Question

I have a problem with a large amount of air that's in my water lines. If you turn on a faucet, water will come out then it spits a lot of air. The faucet does that every time The toilets are even louder. The water pressure is sort of low (35p.s.i.) Most
important information you may need is we are on well water. I hope you can help.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

Where is the pump? in the well (a submersible)? or in the basement?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No basement. Ranch single story 4 bathrooms(3full & 1pwdr)The pump is in the well so I think that means submersible.
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Ok the most likely cause of this problem is a failing check valve in the pump. The pump check is allowing some water to drain back into the well when the pump is off. This is letting air into the water lines

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hey Rick
I'm not able to use the phone in the office. Email Twitter or just answer are both okay
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

We can continue here. A phone call is up to you. Did you see my initial response?