Marc
Marc, Plumber
Experience:  Plumbing heating & home maintenance contractor
50715266

I have a ge hybrid electric water heater. GEH50DNSRSA AND

Customer Question

I have a ge hybrid electric water heater. GEH50DNSRSA AND there is nothing going on. It doesn't have anything lighting up on the water heater.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Noah Klein replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I am a Master Plumber.

I am not very familiar with GE water heaters, largely because they are low quality and do not last very long.

That being said, I may be able to help you. How long has the unit been installed? It seems that once installed, there may be a few minutes for it to get the compressor going. This can make it look like there is no power. In my experience, no power is often the result of a loose wire. Turn the circuit breaker, or switch, off. Open the junction box and verify that all the wiring is correct and there are no loose wire nuts. Turn the power back on and use a volt detector to ensure there is power to the unit. Also, there may be an internal circuit breaker located in one of the two access doors. Try that.

Good Luck!

Here is a link to the owners manual. Troubleshooting is on page 19. If you need to call for assistance, the number is(###) ###-#### Make sure you have some time. The last time I called GE it took a WHILE to get a technician on the phone.

http://products.geappliances.com/MarketingObjectRetrieval/Dispatcher?RequestType=PDF&Name=49-50254-3.pdf