Marc
Marc, Plumber
Experience:  Plumbing heating & home maintenance contractor
50715266

Our state electric hybrid unit showed an Edr code and

Customer Question

Our state electric hybrid unit showed an Edr code and stopped producing hot water.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Does this look like the manual for it?

http://www.statewaterheaters.com/lit/im/res-elec/318258-002.pdf

if it is your unit, its a later model that does not show the error codes, apparently a drafsmans error,

see page 18. Notice the contact information on the cover page, that is likely to be your best recourse given the lack of promised error codes in the manual.

Let me know how that goes, we can proceed from there.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No we have the SPX 50 DHPT 100 which does have a page with error codes. It says the Edr code means there is not enough water in the tank.
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Thanks.

Can you double check that that SPX 50.......... model number again, its not coming up in the

manufacturers service manual files.

Lacking that, there should be a wiring diagram

Please attach a well focused, close up photo of the wiring diagram glued inside the service panel,you can use the paper clip-icon at the right end of the toolbar at the top of this dialog box,Include a picture of the thermostat wire connections to the printed circuit board in the same area.

If there is no paper clip-icon, look for the '+attach files' link at left of your send button.

I can mark it up with trouble shooting instructions. You will need a multi meter ($30 at a hardware store) and some experience working with appliances, let me know a lot about your skill sets in those regards.

If none of this in your skill sets, tell me which direction you are from the center of the nearest city and I will look for a few well rated service outfits in your area.

We can go from there.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The model # *****: SPX50DHPT 100
When you request diagram do you mean thus:
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Hello again, yes that is the diagram I need, but a bit more focused, that one is pretty blurry, I could not tell if there was a water level sensor in the circuit or not.

.