Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor
Experience:  Licensed Master plumber with 40+ yrs. experience.
94766

I can't remove the handle from my Fairfax single handle

Customer Question

I can't remove the handle from my Fairfax single handle kitchen faucet. I have already removed the phillips screw under the button. I am afraid to force the handle or mar its surface.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

Once you remove the screw under the button the handle should just pull up and off. If it doesn't then it may be seized onto the stem. The first thing to try is to soak the handle/stem connection with a product like PB Blaster (available at the big box store). You can try white vinegar but that usually doesn't work as well. If that doesn't work you'll need a handle puller (see attached pic)

Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

If you get the PB Blaster lift the lever handle up like you're turning it on full blast in the middle (warm) then shoot the PB in under the handle