Mike R.
Mike R., Plumber
Experience:  20 years of plumbing experience, including high end homes and service work.
64367226

New Kohler Bellera k560 faucet installed and the stream of

Customer Question

New Kohler Bellera k560 faucet installed and the stream of water sputters. Nothing in the aerator where hose is attached to sprayhead. help please.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Mike R. replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I have been in the plumbing field for 20 years. I will be glad to help you today. Often the supply lines will get twisted when tightening. The nut you tighten pulls the flange with the seal to connect with the water supply valve. When tightening the nut it will turn the flange and in turn twist the supply line. It might be twisted up high so have a look with a flashlight to see if it is twisted. If it is then loosen the nut and un-twist the lines then while holding the flange shank with one pair of pliers, tighten the nut.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Mike,
Thank you for your quick reply. The supply lines are not twisted. The sputtering is not like when your water is off for a while and you have are in the pipes. More like your aerator needs to be cleaned, but have check it and it's okay. Could there be something in the sprayhead? Not sure how it could get by the aerator screen and I don't see any way of removing the plastic "screen" where the water leaves the sprayhead. Any ideas?
Thanks
Expert:  Mike R. replied 1 year ago.

If you remove the spray head from the hose, then run the water does it still sputter? Does it do the same whether using hot or cold? Do you still have the tool to remove the aerator from the end? I guess from your description that you had already removed the spray head from the hose and checked for debris but just wondering if it still sputtered when running it without the spray head. Full strength out of the hose hot and cold?

Expert:  Mike R. replied 1 year ago.

The tool might be like this. click here

Expert:  Mike R. replied 1 year ago.

I haven't heard from you. Were you able to remove the aerator?