Marc
Marc, Plumber
Experience:  Plumbing heating & home maintenance contractor
50715266

I have a plastic water supply line that is broken and

Customer Question

I have a plastic water supply line that is broken and Insurance company wants a letter of explanation of cause of breaking. Something like Physical Damage or Part Failure. Wanted to know what a report like that would look like. So if anyone has a sample of similar report that they wrote for insurance company I would appreciate it or an idea of what needs to be in such report
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Plmqwk replied 1 year ago.

What you need at this point is the invoice AND a description from the licensed contractor that repaired the break. They would need to provide a description of repair work along with what they feel in their expert opinion was the cause of the break. There is no "official" report of such. I will also warn you that the insurance company may not accept the cause listed. And unfortunately there isnt much you can do. Discuss with the contractor on their thoughts in regards ***** ***** issues. THEY may be able to "guide" this in a favorable direction for you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The situation is a little more complex then obtaining a report from the contractor that repaired the leak. The leak was in the unit above mine and it flooded my unit. The contractor that repaired the leak gave the upstairs neighbor the part that failed, the upstairs neighbor brought the part and gave it to my tenants, thus breaking the chain of custody that would be acceptable by an insurance company. Now insurance company wants a letter from a third party plumber stating the cause of failure for that plastic pipe and thats the report that I need, so i am trying to figure out what all should be in that report

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Answer quality.