Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor
Experience:  Licensed Master plumber with 40+ yrs. experience.
94766

I just installed new plumbing fittings and shut offs room,

Customer Question

I just installed new plumbing fittings and shut offs for laundry room, and water pressure is low. I am connected to the washing machine and give a f20 reading, which is a pressure issue. What should i do?
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can

continue our conversation.

You probably need to remove the hoses at the back of the machine and clean out the screens inside the inlet connections. Just to be sure it's not a piping issue put the hoses you just disconnected into a bucket and turn the vale on to check the pressure. If you have a single lever valve be sure to hang onto both hose as the water will come out of both when you turn the valve on.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, i also forgot to mention that the new faucet had very low pressure. Which is weird because the spray arm is strong.
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

What new faucet? is it different than what the washing machine is connected to?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the connections for washer are under the sink in the laundry room. This is what i replaced, 3/8 connections for hot and cold lines for faucet, with washer fittings shutoff. I used the shark teeth connectors.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
put a new faucet and sink
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Ok, washing machines typically require a full sized 1/2" supply. So it's possible your supply lines are too small. The inside of a 3/8" OD line is only 1/4" so the volume through that pipe probably isn't enough for what sounds like a fairly new machine that monitors water flow. But try what I suggested. The screens could be clogged with debris that got stirred up when you turned the water back on.

Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

One other thing, the faucet may have low pressure because the aerator at the end of the spout is clogged. Have you tried cleaning it out?