Marc
Marc, Plumber
Experience:  Plumbing heating & home maintenance contractor
50715266

I doing some work on a boiler vaillant exited 28. It is

Customer Question

I doing some work on a boiler vaillant exited 28. It is working the hot water but not heating. I did change the water pressure sensor. I checked all the radiatolô Many thanks, Weliton
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Daniel Plourde replied 1 year ago.

hi i am dan i can help you with this but first i need a little more information, was this happening before you changed the sensor? also what was the purpose for replacing the sensor? and does the hot water have its own tank with its own circulator?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Dan, it is a ecotec pro combi boiler. It wasn't working before. I did replace the switch because I saw one code S.97 which is blocked of a water pressure switch I did remove it and cleaned but was the same then I change it.Thanks,Weliton

Ok and is it reading the pressure. If so what is the pressure in the boiler

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Dan, the pressure in the boiler are 1,5bars. It has no air in the system. The fan working, the pump work it has fired for few second then stop again, but the pump and fan still working for a few minutes.

Are you confident that all the piping is purged and bleed of air and make sure all the valves in the piping are open

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Dan, this was the first thing that I have done. Do you think that I need to fit a room thermostat or it is a electronic fault?

Do you get any fault codes on the boiler? If the boiler starts up then youf thermostat is working and the problem is probably elsewhere. Just to be sure you can jumper the 2 wires from the thermostat together to eliminate that as a problem. Also do the pipes out of the boiler and after the system circulator get warm?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I told you everything about it. I don't know why you are keeping asking questions! I will call vaillant for help. Thanks.
Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 1 year ago.

Are you still having problems - if I can help?