Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor
Experience:  Licensed Master plumber with 40+ yrs. experience.
94766

There was some waste that came up in the clean out drain in

Customer Question

There was some waste that came up in the clean out drain in my basement 3 days ago. 2 days ago, I ran water in 2 different showers fro 10-12 minutes and no waste came up in the clean out drain. Yesterday, I reached down around 8-10 inches into the clean out drain and removed some waste (armed was wrapped in a plastic bag). I then ran the 2 showers again in addition to spraying water into the clean out drain from a hose connected to a faucet in my basement. There was no issue with drainage and I assume whatever blockage may have existed has been resolved.
There is still water in the clean out drain (8-10 inches from the top of the drain) - is this ok?
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can

continue our conversation

There should never be any water standing in any drain line at any time. The only exception to this is water in a trap. If you're not looking into a trap then you still have a problem and you need to snake out the line.