Mike R.
Mike R., Plumber
Experience:  20 years of plumbing experience, including high end homes and service work.
64367226

The water turns cold after keeping hot on when trying to

Customer Question

The water turns cold after keeping hot on when trying to fill my bathtub. If I turn the knob down to 1/2 flow I maybe can keep the hot running but it takes 15-20 min to fill. By thenj the first water has cooled. this happens with no other water running in the house.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Mike R. replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I have been in the plumbing field for 20 years. I will be glad to help you today. Is this a single handle Delta faucet?

Expert:  Mike R. replied 1 year ago.

When you turn it on it is hot and as you turn the handle it gets colder?

Expert:  Mike R. replied 1 year ago.

If that is the case and it is Delta then the issue is that the cartridge is installed upside down. Turn the house water off and remove the cartridge and turn it over and all will be well.

Expert:  Mike R. replied 1 year ago.

I haven't heard from you. Was the information I provided helpful or is there any clarification needed?

Expert:  Mike R. replied 1 year ago.

I would still like to help if you will clarify whether it is a Delta brand valve?

Expert:  Mike R. replied 1 year ago.

I will assume that you do have a Delta shower valve then since you have not replied. The cartridge is installed upside down. If you remove the cartridge and invert it then re-install it and also place the stop in the correct spot that will solve the issue.

Expert:  Mike R. replied 1 year ago.

I haven't heard from you. Was the information I provided helpful?