Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer.
Experience:  Retired mech. contractor, shop owner, 51 yrs experience.
23932409

I have old american standard gas boiler with a bad

Customer Question

I have old american standard gas boiler with a bad thermocouple. It is supposed to look like a copper tube in the pilot flame. Mine looks like it burst and of course the burners don't light. How do I locate the part# ***** the thermocouple?
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Hello, those thermocouples are generic items more or less, all you need to do is remove the old one and take to a good sized hardware store and buy a kit with adapters in to fit to any pilot light, and the same length of tube.

Notice the nut on the end of the thin copper tube that screws into the gas valve is a **left hand* thread, it requires a 3/8" open end wrench.

Thanks for letting me work with you. When we are finished, if my answer has been polite, professional,and thorough, please click one of the ratings . If you still need help let me know!. Expert is not paid for assisting you until you rate answer. Feel free to follow up for 30 days at no additional cost.