Marc
Marc, Plumber
Experience:  Plumbing heating & home maintenance contractor
50715266

I have air trapped in my baseboard hot water pipes...

Customer Question

Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Hello, first lets look for tiny air bleed valves that might be fit into the 3/4" tubing at the end of the base boards. Let me know what you find.

Next I need several long distance pictures taken from opposite angles of the boiler header piping that sends water to each of the baseboard zones... you will need to open the boiler water feed valve manually in some cases before opening the spigot on the return line will blow out the air.

You can attach the photo by using the paper clip icon at the right end of the tool bar or the 'add files' link to the left of your 'send' button.

We can go from there.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't have a camera to take pictures...can I talk to you?
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

The site charges for phone calls since it complicates their quality monitoring program...you have the option of accepting or not, we can continue if you do not accept in this dialog box.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is this on top of the $32 I was already charged?
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Yes

That is still $100 less than a service call however.

If you can tell me if the boiler water pressure gauge valve is on and if it changes pressure when you open the return line spigot, that will help... if the pressure drops and stays there, then that is the problem, you will have to manually open the boiler water feed valve or bypass the pressure regulator depending on what you have.

Let me know, we can go from there.