Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor
Experience:  Licensed Master plumber with 40+ yrs. experience.
94766

I have a drain clean out on the outside of my house that is

Customer Question

I have a drain clean out on the outside of my house that is for the kitchen sink. I'm seeing water running down the foundation under the stucco from the cleanout access when the kitchen sink is running. I checked the cap, and it seems to be tight. How do I fix this problem if the pipe is cracked behind the stucco?
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

I'm sorry to say the only way to fix this is to expose the pipe and replace it if it's cracked. But pipes are never run in a poured concrete foundation and I've never seen them run in a block foundation not that it's not possible. So I don't know what's on the other side of the stucco but in most cases I'd open the wall on the inside and not mess with the stucco if at all possible.