Marc
Marc, Plumber
Experience:  Plumbing heating & home maintenance contractor
50715266

Rinnai Solar 26 has water constantly running into the drain.

Customer Question

Rinnai Solar 26 has water constantly running into the drain. Our water consumption has doubled since the same period last year but we have the same family size
Category: Plumbing
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We installed a Rinnai Solar 26 close coupled hot water heater about 5 years ago. I can hear water trickling into the stormwater drain next to it continuously. Our water usage has doubled bill has doubled since the same period last year. Is there something easy we can do to fix this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have not yet received a response and have requested a refund. I am not satisfied with the service. I was lead to believe someone was on line. I no longer wish to use this service. Please cancel any memberships - I definitely do not want to subscribe.
Expert:  Daniel Plourde replied 1 year ago.

hi I am dan I can help you with this. first thing I think of for this is you have a valve that is leaking and it is piped into the drain. you have a valve like this (the lower picture on that page) on the tank somewhere and it will have a 3/4" pipe coming off of it going to the drain. if you follow that pipe to the end let me know if you see water coming out of it.