Marc
Marc, Plumber
Experience:  Plumbing heating & home maintenance contractor
50715266

I have Burnham PXG-2005A-WNIH boiler. The pilot gas is not

Customer Question

I have Burnham PXG-2005A-WNIH boiler. The pilot gas is not coming on, so the boiler doesn't ignite. This is electronic ignition.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Please attach a well focused, close up photo of the wiring diagram glued inside the service panel,you can use the paper clip icon at the right end of the toolbar at the top of this dialog box,

If there is no paper clip icon, look for the '+attach files' link at left of your send button.

Tell me a lot about your technical skills as well please so that I can approach the trouble shooting most effectively at your skill level.

I need to know what type of radiators you have, often air in the radiators will prevent water flow, that will not allow the flow switch to close, and many boilers are wired so they will not run unless there is water flow.

If I miss you tonight I will pick up your response first thing in the morning.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just added the diagram. Please let me know if that is acceptable.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No need to respond. We had a service technician come out.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The gas valve had gone bad.
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Its good that you had a technician come out, you would have needed him regardless and he can make sure that the boiler is safe while he is at it.