Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor
Experience:  Licensed Master plumber with 40+ yrs. experience.
94766

My tube that connects the water dispenser and ice maker to

Customer Question

My white tube that connects the water dispenser and ice maker to the copper water line in the wall got a hole in it. I tried to do something to correct that and the water filter broke off from the white tubing and the water line. Now the water line is dripping slowly, but steadily. I am supposed to leave town tomorrow for four days and I don't know whether I can get a plumber tomorrow or not. Is there anything I can do on my own?
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.
The first thing you can do is shut the water off to this line. It should have it own shut off. If you want to fix this I need a pic of the break. Worst case you can shut the whole house off if you can't find the dedicated shut off or can't get this fixed before you leave.
You can post a picture here by clicking on “ADD FILES” link next to the SEND button. If that doesn’t work for you then you can upload a pic to a file sharing service like Google pics or Dropbox. Then post the “share” link to your picture here or you can email the pic to customer service but the last option can take quite a while to get to me. Click on the CONTACT US link to contact customer service. http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us