Mike R.
Mike R., Plumber
Experience:  20 years of plumbing experience, including high end homes and service work.
64367226

To answer your question, the drain hose is connected under

Customer Question

To answer your question, the drain hose is connected under the sink direct into the garbage disposal. I guess I should disconnect there and determine whether it is clogged there.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Mike R. replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I have been in the plumbing field for 20 years. I will be glad to help you today. If the problem you are having is that your dishwasher is not draining into a newly installed garbage disposal the issue is the plug inside the disposal. The disposal comes with the option to hook up a dishwasher to it and there is a knock out plug inside the barb that the dishwasher hooks up to. Disconnect the hose from the barb and poke the knock out plug out with a screwdriver. Be sure to get the little piece out after you knock it out so it does not rattle around inside the disposal when you run it. Be sure the power is off before sticking your hand in there too!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is not a newly installed disposal and everything with the dishwasher has been working and draining
through that drain hose until just recently.
Expert:  Mike R. replied 1 year ago.

So the dishwasher is backing up? Does it drain at all? Have you cleaned the filter in the dishwasher? Have you disconnected the dishwasher drain from the disposal and checked for a blockage?