Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor
Experience:  Licensed Master plumber with 40+ yrs. experience.
94766

I have a 30 gal propane water heater, model 29-30 and a ser

Customer Question

I have a 30 gal propane water heater, model 29-30 and a ser no I can hardly read. How do I remove and replace the plastic drain valve which is leaking. I have unscrewed it but it will not come loose from heater.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

It should just unscrew from the tank. Can you give me a picture? I don't understand why it's not coming out.

You can post a picture here by clicking on the paper clip icon in the tool bar at the top of this dialogue box. You can only post from a PC or a Mac not a phone or a tablet. If that doesn’t work for you then you can upload a pic to a file sharing service like Google pics or Dropbox. Then post the “share” link to your picture here or you can email the pic to customer service but the last option can take quite a while to get to me. Click on the CONTACT US link to contact customer service. http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I failed to mention it is a Rheem brand heater. The plastic drain valve with knob is integrated into standard c.i. pipe threaded at both ends and screwed into tank. I have busted the plastic and removed the pipe. I will replace the assembly with a standard shutoff valve. I think the problem is resolved. Thanks for the timely response.
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

You're welcome